TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT/KSNW) – An individual died while working on the Kansas Air National Guard base in Topeka Monday afternoon.
Jane Welch, the spokeswoman for the Kansas Adjutant General’s Office, said a civilian contractor passed away while working on the base.
Welch said the person was not a member of the military, and medical personnel is still on site.
Further details about the individual and the circumstances surrounding their death are not being released at this time as officials are still working to contact next of kin.
- Suspected meth-making Arkansas professor called Breaking Bad a ‘wonderful recruiting tool’
- Union Pacific steam locomotive traveling across Kansas to celebrate 150th anniversary
- Costly Christmas: Tree shortage raises prices
- Remains found in Nebraska linked to Missouri killings
- Teen chased by police breaks legs with airport terminal leap