TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT/KSNW) – An individual died while working on the Kansas Air National Guard base in Topeka Monday afternoon.
Jane Welch, the spokeswoman for the Kansas Adjutant General’s Office, said a civilian contractor passed away while working on the base.
Welch said the person was not a member of the military, and medical personnel is still on site.
Further details about the individual and the circumstances surrounding their death are not being released at this time as officials are still working to contact next of kin.
- City of Wichita unveils design concepts for Clapp Memorial Park
- Royals-Twins opener postponed by rain; doubleheader Saturday
- This NC woman turns 116 today and is the oldest person in the U.S.
- Police: Homicide of 3-year-old disguised as hot car death
- FDA temporarily relaxes food-labeling guidelines to help food industry, parents worry about kids with allergies