BARBER COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – Governor Laura Kelly issued a disaster declaration for Wednesday for a wildfire in Barber County.
The fire ignited southwest of Medicine Lodge along the Oklahoma state line. It took firefighters from 11 agencies, two Black Hawk helicopters from the Kansas National Guard to battle the fire.
Barber County officials tell KSN News that there have been no reports of damage to homes or buildings and that they expect to get an estimate of burned acres Thursday.
- Another cruise ship with virus victims docks in Florida
- Lansing Correctional Facility modifies operations due to additional COVID-19 cases
- T.J.’s Forecast: Drying out and warming into Sunday
- Kansas counties to receive portion of Strategic National Stockpile
- Singer Pink says she had COVID-19, gives $1M to relief funds