WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – According to Nancy Shoemaker’s family, Donald Wacker, who was convicted of kidnapping the 9-year-old Wichita girl in 1990, has been granted parole.
Donald Wacker was convicted in 1992 for the kidnapping of Shoemaker in 1990.
On Thursday, Kansas Department of Corrections spokesperson Rebecca Witte said they can’t confirm any specifics on the parole until April 3.
Nancy Shoemaker’s family confirmed the parole review board approved Wacker’s release Wednesday.
- Pawn shops see increase in customers searching for loans due to coronavirus uncertainty
- Another cruise ship with virus victims docks in Florida
- Lansing Correctional Facility modifies operations due to additional COVID-19 cases
- T.J.’s Forecast: Drying out and warming into Sunday
- Kansas counties to receive portion of Strategic National Stockpile