WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police responded to a shooting in the 3100 block of South Davidson around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Upon arrival, police found a 19-year-old man with a gunshot wound near a home. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said their investigation revealed an unknown suspect shot the victim during a verbal disturbance. Investigators are still working on learning the circumstances of everything that occurred.
“At this point, we do not think this was a random incident, we don’t believe there is any danger to the public,” officer Charley Davidson said. “We are asking the community if they have any info on this case, any additional information, if they saw anything, heard anything — to please call us.”
Anyone with more information on this case is asked to call Crimestoppers at (316) 267-211, detective section at (316) 268-4407, or the See Something Say Something hotline (316) 519-2282.
- Hundreds gather together for candlelight vigil at WSU
- Kingman County crash claims life of Cheney man
- White Coats For Black Lives: Local healthcare workers kneel to end racial inequality
- Biden formally clinches Democratic presidential nomination
- Kansan who didn’t wear mask during Lawrence protest infected with COVID-19