WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A patient in their 70s died March 29, 2020, at the Robert J. Dole VA Medical Center in Wichita due to complications from COVID-19, the center confirmed Tuesday.
The VA stated that they have proactively implemented appropriate measures to ensure the safest health care environment for each veteran, visitor, and employee. These measures include multi-channel outreach to veterans and staff, clinical screening at VA health care facilities, as well as protective procedures for patients admitted to community living centers and spinal cord injury units.
Per CDC guidance and VA protocols, patients known to be at risk for a COVID-19 infection are immediately isolated to prevent potential spread to others.
Veterans can find more information on COVID-19 by clicking here.
- White Coats For Black Lives: Local healthcare workers kneel to end racial inequality
- Biden formally clinches Democratic presidential nomination
- Hutch PD concerned about safety, ask organizers to cancel demonstration planned for Saturday
- Local business donating 40% of proceeds to BLM movement
- US Rep. Roger Marshall can’t list himself as “Doc” on ballot