GREAT BEND, Kan. (KSNW) – Officials with the hospital in the Great Bend campus of the University of Kansas Health Systems said that a small number of their staff have been quarantined due to possible exposure to a COVID-19 patient.
Hospital officials said that out of an abundance of caution, the decision was made to quarantine the staff members. The spokesperson added that the number of the staff members who came in contact with the COVID-19 positive patient is small enough that it won’t impact the hospital’s focus on patient care or operations.
For more information on COVID-19 in Kansas, click here.
- Cases of coronavirus in Kansas increase to 29,717, with 3 new deaths
- Biden no longer coming to Milwaukee to accept presidential nomination
- Google Doodle promotes mask-wearing and social distancing practices
- Andy Reid, Chiefs coaches preparing for a training camp unlike any other
- Southwest Airlines cuts back on COVID-19 cleanings to speed up flight turnarounds