WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police say officers played a “critical role” in saving a 4-year-old girl Sunday morning after she was injured during a targeted shooting.
The girl and two men, 23 and 25, suffered gunshot wounds when police say three suspects fired multiple shots into a home in the 1500 block of North Floberta, near Oliver. Police responded by 12:30 a.m.
Officer Paul Cruz told KSN that officers arrived before emergency medical services and transported the girl to a local hospital in their patrol car. He said this played a “critical role” in saving the girl’s life.
EMS took the two men to the hospital. At this time, all three victims are in stable condition and are expected to survive. A 21-year-old woman in the home was not injured.
Police believe the suspects targeted the home but do not have descriptions. The investigation is ongoing.
- Dozens attend first ever Kansas City ‘rage yoga’ class, which includes cursing and alcohol
- Active search underway for Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney
- Mom’s viral Facebook post encourages blue Trick-or-Treat buckets for autism awareness
- Police arrest two teens after firing gun into northwest Wichita home
- GM and union reach tentative deal that could end strike