WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Police Department and Crime Stoppers are asking for information in multiple cases involving the theft and vandalism of surveillance cameras.
Wichita police say since February, an unknown suspect has caused thousands of dollars in losses to Wichita Public Schools properties as well as a business in Old Town. The suspect has been observed on surveillance cameras removing cameras from properties and leaving in a white Chrysler 300.
According to Wichita police, to date, three USD 259 schools, including Hyde Elementary School, Mead Middle School, and Clark Elementary School, have fallen victim to the crime.
Anyone with information on this crime is asked to contact Crime Stoppers or submit information anonymously by calling 316-267-2111 or clicking here.
- Will unemployed Kansans lose $600 of weekly federal benefits?
- Wichita Mayor receives concerns from business owners who say some customers won’t wear masks
- As personal pool sales skyrocket, experts warn about swimming pool dangers
- National security leaders say China is trying to hack U.S. healthcare companies to find COVID-19 vaccine
- ‘Disasters don’t discriminate’: Health officials push to protect communities of color from COVID-19