ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (NBC) – A freight train derailed in Dupo, Illinois Tuesday causing train cars to engulf in flames and nearby homes to evacuate.
Calls on the derailment came in to the St. Clair Emergency Management around 12:30 p.m., KSDK reported.
The train is a Union Pacific train, but officials don’t yet know what the train was carrying.
There have been no reported injuries, but a several dozen homes in the nearby area were evacuated.
- Survey shows business leaders optimistic despite coronavirus
- ‘It’s the right thing to do’: People out cleaning up streets after weekend protests
- Tropical Storm Cristobal likely to form in Gulf of Mexico as hurricane season officially begins
- Family of man killed in police beanbag shooting to get $3.5M
- University of Kansas sued over refunds related to COVID-19