ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (NBC) – A freight train derailed in Dupo, Illinois Tuesday causing train cars to engulf in flames and nearby homes to evacuate.
Calls on the derailment came in to the St. Clair Emergency Management around 12:30 p.m., KSDK reported.
The train is a Union Pacific train, but officials don’t yet know what the train was carrying.
There have been no reported injuries, but a several dozen homes in the nearby area were evacuated.
- Judiciary Committee questions Lewandowski in first impeachment investigation hearing
- Senate Dems seek to block implementation of Trump’s ‘public charge’ rule
- Former Kansas officer fights brain cancer, hopes to wear uniform again
- Derby schools using K-9 help to curb drugs
- Texas School for the Deaf wins new football equipment, message from Peyton Manning