WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – One person was injured in a fire that destroyed part of a south Wichita home.
Emergency dispatch said crews were called to a fire at a home in the 1000 block of South Laura around 10:30 a.m. near Lincoln and Washington.
“We had fire showing from the porch, the front side of the house, heavy fire involvement,” Lt. Phil Woodruff of the Wichita Fire Department told KSN News.
First responders were able to control the blaze. A man who suffered smoke inhalation left the scene before being treated.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Man found shot to death at a Wichita home
- Coronavirus in Kansas: Deaths top 1,500, plus hospitalizations increase
- Derby Public Schools move to remote learning through December
- Kansas airports prep for disaster relief with airport improvement program
- LIVE: Giuliani joins Pennsylvania GOP meeting on alleged election issues