Temperatures this evening for Trick-or-Treating will be chilly!
Be thankful for the cloud cover because it will keep our temperatures from rapidly falling after sunset. Winds will be light, but there will be just enough of a wind chill to make it feel like to the lower to middle 40s. Another layer or two under your children's costumes is definitely recommended!
Overnight temperatures will be near freezing the farther west you live. It will be in the upper 30s here in Wichita.
By tomorrow, clouds will briefly break before our next system arrives Thursday night. The sunshine we see will give us a boost to the upper 50s and lower 60s across the state.
That system Thursday night and into Friday morning doesn't have much of a punch. There is a chance for a stray sprinkle or flurry along the Kansas/Nebraska state line.
From Friday through the weekend, temperatures will bop between the 50s and 60s.
Another system Saturday into Sunday could spark a few sprinkles and/or showers. Once again, this disturbance doesn't have much moisture to work with. And remember Saturday night before bed it's time to change you clocks as we fall back 1 hour!
Next week, there are a couple of systems we're tracking. One will produce a sprinkle or two Monday. Later in the work week, there will be a stronger push of colder air by week's end. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see some light rain showers or a few snowflakes for folks in western Kansas. This all will be ironed out as we get closer.
-Chief Meteorologist Lisa Teachman
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 4 charged in plot to attack Muslim community...
- Trump says he told Sanders 'not to bother' with...
- Singer Chris Brown released in Paris after rape...
- Senate sets up showdown votes on shutdown plans
- 3 groups, many videos, many interpretations of...