As the winds switched direction earlier today, temperatures have kept falling! This is playing into what type of moisture we will pick up for the rest of this evening and through the overnight.
Rain has been mixing with sleet this afternoon in south central Kansas.
At the same time, snow has been sweeping through the northwestern part of the state. As temperatures continue to drop, we will all see a changeover to snow.
This storm will come to an end before 4 AM Saturday. Bitterly cold temperatures will be left with wind chills in the single digits.
Some sunshine is possible late in the day Saturday to only be replaced by our next winter storm for Sunday.
This storm will need to be watched because the timing and temperatures are favorable for freezing rain and snow.
Next week looks fairly quiet until Friday. Temperatures will be feeling like spring again in no time and that means a chance for storms late in the work week.
Join us tonight on KSN News as we track these storms hour by hour. - Chief Meteorologist Lisa Teachman
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Injured toddler overlooked after deadly crash
- Thai boys recount cave rescue: Voices in dark,...
- Mom accused of letting men rape her 2-year-old...
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and...
- Trump talks tougher, now says he warned Putin on...