Clear skies and calm winds have allowed temperatures to plummet down around freezing this morning, so expect a frosty start and grab the coat!
But we actually have a beautiful afternoon ahead as temperatures climb into the 60s with lots of sunshine and only slightly breezy winds.
It is still dry, however, and with winds a bit gusty in far western Kansas, the fire danger is still a concern out there today, so remain cautious.
But, thankfully some relief is on the way. Our next storm system will be arriving from the west tomorrow, bringing rain chances across the state, but keeping the snow to our west and the severe weather to our south.
And it's just what we needed - some good, steady rain! Expect rainfall totals around 0.50" to even up to an inch in isolated locations before this system exits on Sunday.
I'll time this weekend storm system out for you on Stormcast, all morning on Kansas Today!
~Katie the Weather Lady
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Kansas to offer amnesty day for people owing...
- WSU student protest on campus, sparks change
- Mother and child hit by car, suspected...
- Man killed in high-speed crash after vehicle...
- 1 killed, 4 injured in Stevens County crash