SEATTLE, Wash. (KING) – A storm brought rain and lightning to western Washington for the second time in a week Thursday night.
Video captured by NBC affiliate KING-TV in Seattle appears to show a bolt of lightning striking the city’s second tallest building.
The National Weather Service said there were about a 100 lightning strikes along the Washington coast Thursday.
That’s far less than the 2,200 strikes that were reported last weekend when a powerful storm pummeled the area and caused thousands of people to lose power.
- Third-Ranked Texas Sweep Shockers
- Newton native Remsberg scores in OT, Air Force beats Colorado 30-23
- Greinke finally gets win over old club, Astros top Royals
- ‘Uncle Wilbur is finally home’: Kansas sailor killed in Pearl Harbor finally laid to rest
- Thousands of fetal remains found in home of former Indiana abortion doctor