WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Sedgwick County is looking into three siren malfunctions following a statewide tornado drill on Tuesday.
The sirens that malfunctioned were located in south Wichita, western Sedgwick County and northeast of Haysville.
The National Weather Service conducted the drill at 10 a.m. The test was broadcast over NOAA All Hazards Weather Radio and many local television and radio stations.
Many schools participated and treated the drill as if it were an actual tornado warning.
RELATED LINK | Keeping you safe: Tornado tips
- Wichita Public Schools will look at onsite learning option for 6th-12th graders
- ‘He is ready to go back’: Officer shot in Lyons making recovery alongside wife in hospital
- All 62 residents in Norton County nursing home test positive for COVID-19, of which 10 have passed away
- Chiefs top Bills, improve to 5-1
- Big turnout at Intrust for early voting this year