WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Sedgwick County is looking into three siren malfunctions following a statewide tornado drill on Tuesday.
The sirens that malfunctioned were located in south Wichita, western Sedgwick County and northeast of Haysville.
The National Weather Service conducted the drill at 10 a.m. The test was broadcast over NOAA All Hazards Weather Radio and many local television and radio stations.
Many schools participated and treated the drill as if it were an actual tornado warning.
RELATED LINK | Keeping you safe: Tornado tips
- KDHE COVID-19 update: 747 cases positive cases in Kansas
- Divers recover body of trash truck driver from river
- Topeka police investigate man’s shooting death
- COVID-19 perspective from Kansas family living in Italy
- Pawn shops see increase in customers searching for loans due to coronavirus uncertainty